Creamy Mushroom Pasta (GF*)
350g Pasta* (Uncooked)
1 cup Roasted Cashews (150g) (soak for 30 minutes in boiling water before cooking)
2 sprigs of Rosemary (25cm each)
1.5 tbsp Vegetable Stock Powder
1.5 cup Water
2 tbsp Sunflower Oil (or any other cooking oil)
1/2 Red Onion (50g)
450g Button Mushrooms
1 cup frozen peas
1. Cook pasta according to the packet instructions and set aside. If it's gluten-free pasta you're using, toss a little oil through the pasta when you put it aside so it doesn't stick together.
2. Whilst the pasta is cooking, you can dice the onion and slice the mushrooms. Set aside.
3. Place the cashews, rosemary, vegetable stock powder and water in a blender and blend for 1 minute on high or until smooth. (Texture is important so make sure you blend for the whole minute - if your blender isn't high powered, you might have to blend a little longer!)
4. Heat the oil in a large saucepan (one that is big enough to hold all the pasta!) and cook the onions until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook through.
5. Once the mushrooms are cooked through, add the pasta, the blended sauce and the frozen peas. Stir through until the pasta heats through and the sauce thickens.
6. Finally, add the spinach until it just starts wilts.
7. Plate up! Garnish with fresh parsley if you're feeling snazzy!
*GF pasta works great with this recipe!