Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF)
And here you are. A trusty vegan choc-chip cookie recipe.
With great power comes great responsibility. Use it wisely!
1/2 cup vegan butter (room temperature)
1/2 tbsp water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chickpea flour
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. Using a mixer or a whisk, cream the butter and sugar.
3. Add the water, baking powder, salt and vanilla and mix again.
4. Add the flour and use a spatula or wooden spoon to combine.
5. Fold in al the chocolate chips
6. Roll small balls and place them on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly - make sure there’s room between cookies because they’re gonna SPREAD!!! 7. Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on how crispy you like the edges! LET THEM COOL COOL for 10 minutes on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack because they will be so soft straight from the oven! Makes ~10 subway-cookie sized cookies!