Mushroom and Tomato Omelette (GF)
1 cup chickpea flour*
1 cup water
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp black salt**, can season with more after
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 button mushrooms, dices
1/2 tomato, diced
lemon wedges, to serve
1. In a large bowl, whisk flour, water, onion powder, pepper, salt and baking powder until smooth.
2. Lightly spray a non-stick frypan with olive oil and set on low-medium heat.
3. Pour omelette mix in as if you were making a pancake - thinner is better for more egg-like omelette.
4. Place some mushroom, tomato and chives on top of your omelette and leave to cook for 2-4 minutes, or until the edges are clearly cooked and slightly browned. Other signs of it being ready to flip include bubbles popping on the surface of your omelette.
5. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Repeat with remainder of the batter until finished.
7. Serve with lemon wedges and extra cracked pepper.
- *Chickpea Flour - also called Besan Flour, Gram Flour, Garbanzo Bean Flour, Chana-Dal Flour, can be found in health-food stores, indian groceries or bulk-food stores.
- **Black Salt - has a distinct and pungent egg aroma and flavour, and is saltier than normal salt. Black salt can be found at Indian groceries and some health-food stores. You can use pink himalayan salt in lieu of black salt.