Korean Tteokkochi Skewers 떡꼬치
TTEOKKOCHI IS MY FAVOURITE FORM OF TTEOK!
I’ve eaten so much tteok but these guys are my favourite way to do it! They’re CRISPY, chewy, sweet and SO flavoursome!
Again, just SO easy to make and the PERFECT snack!!!
makes 8 skewers
32-40 Korean Rice Cakes, fresh or cooked from the packet
Oil, for frying
To Serve: Toasted Sesame, Shredded Nori, Crushed Peanuts or Chopped Spring Onions
3 tbsp Ketchup
2 tbsp Gochujang (Korean Pepper Paste)
2 tbsp Apple Syrup (Or Corn Syrup)
1 tbsp Mirin (Japanese/Korean Cooking Wine)
1 tbsp Fresh Garlic, finely diced
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
2 tbsp Onion, minced (use a small grater to grate the onion)
1. Thread rice cakes onto wooden skewers, using 4-5 rice cakes on each one.
2. Heat a few table spoons of oil onto a nonstick sauce pan and fry the rice-cake-skewers until lightly golden brown on each side. Set aside on some paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
3. Place all the sauce Ingredients together in a small saucepan and cook on medium low heat for 2-3 minutes.
4. Use a pastry brush to brush the sauce over the rice cakes.
5. Sprinkle with your desired garnishes, my favourite is Nori!